express yourself dance company
EYDC offers classes to girls from 3 years old through High School. We are a part of the Dixie State University Community Education program. Competition teams are available as the girls improve their skills.
Rhinestone footundies or Turn shoes and black flexible sole bloch tap shoes for 5th and up
Costumes are bought on a yearly basis and cost between $50.00-$150.00 depending on the class.
This is paid through Dixie State University Community Education. The fees are paid by the Semester.
$130.00 for 45 minute classes: Mini’s A, Mini’s B
$155.00 for 1-hour classes: Petites, Sr. Petites, Jr. Stars, Stars, Sr. Stars, Express 1, Express 2, Express 4
$175.00 for 1 ½ hour classes: Express 3, Express 5, Jr. Elite, Elite
competition team requirements
- Attend all 3 competitions: Dixie in March, Cedar in April and Parowan in April. This means higher competition fees.
- Be willing to get any costume pieces we decide to add to go with the music of the dance. This will be in addition to regular costumes.
- Attend the technique class from August-December.
- Get the bloch flexible sole tap shoes.
- Be in attendance at class if at all possible. Making dance night a priority so as not to slow down the learning of others the next week.
- Have a great attitude and try all the moves that are given to you and practice them at home when you are having trouble with any certain move.
- Stretch everyday so that you can be flexible and perform the moves that are in the choreography.